Wednesday, January 27, 2010

stealing money and avoiding death on an orange track

first part was stealing money with KC a girl I went to HS with. I cant remember who we stole it from. But it was in a small case. might have been no more than $20-30,000
that seemed like a small amt in dream. the sky was grayish and we threw it into the lake for safe keeping. when we took it out everything was soggy. it was difficult getting it back. the money was folded into envelopes the tall way so the bills still looked long. it was tucked in them in uneven amount in an unorganized manner.

we had it all lying on a table and my mom walked out of the house of this porch. little medium brown-wooded deck. one table with black painted steel chairs. all the colors seemed harsh and cold. i was trying to be nonchalant so my mom woudlnt realize what I had and that i was a theif, she never knew.
Dan was suddenly with me and the money was gone.
Joan called me crying, saying someone in her family had shunned her and wouldnt talk to her now. she didnt have a home to sleep in so wanted to stay with us at our apartmentin Indianola. she was crying as she talked.

later I was a young guy, probably age 22 or so. I had an east coast accent, like I was from NY. I was either Italian or some sort of mixed Mexican or maybe Puerto Rican. I had dark brown hair and eyes and was tall, very tall. a little younger than I am now. But i was a boy and somehow i had the rap for what I had done earlier. I was very afraid, walking down sidewalks quickly and with 2 friends. Janet(my gma who is dead now) was ahead but had a separate sense to her. she wasnt "with" our group but i definitely knew her. she was alone...i think
after us a group of black ladies came into this bike trail we were all on. there was a small wire fence on the edges. still grayish sky and somber colors
wet cold miserable...sad
they were talking about killing her because they were so angry with her. she had done something and they wanted revenge or retaliation or something. the shortest of the black ladies was the most firey. they were agging her on, encouraging.
she was the "boss" leader of that group though ironically the smallest/ she was full of hate.

soemone was after me as well. a group of guys about the same age were following me. they seemed to not be looking at me but i knew it was a ploy. they wanted to catch me off guard. i was still well ahead of them and they didnt want to run to get to me because it would draw attention. we reached a outdoor track. like for sports to run on and such. it had tall gates all around it, like a tennis court.
the track was painted orange with stark white lines. it was a large track not like normal. over a mile. maybe like 3 miles in one.
alady stood in the middle like she worked there and was "on duty" or something...like a lifeguard of sorts.
i started walking faster and when i came to the first corner i ran. she yelled at us (which makes no sense cause tracks are for runnnig)
so we slowed. the guys following us slowed as well.
did i say i had 2 friends with me?
i looked through the fence at the sky starting to think about our lives and shouted "Do ever stop to think about what we have, how lucky we are?"
we rounded corner and the ones behind started speeding up again. we walked faster and they got closer and closer. i saw how there was a path down the middle of the track. i cut sharply into it and made my way across to escape.
they were close by then, still trying not to gather attention yet.
then the dream ends before they get to me.




fragments:
i was a boy- young with an accent (Eastern like NY)
$$with kc
stealing
underwater
bills in suitcase soggy
foldedd tall, rubber bands
my mom came out to see didnt quite realize


track, someone trying to kill/ cut through middle
Joan wanting to stay the night. calling me crying someone wont talk tp her cold shoudler
small short woman after Janet she had 3 other black girls/ friends with her. they were encouraging her
bik trail
isolated vulnerable
walk faster tunrs into run
me with 2 other guys
we get yelled at by young lady working at this track- painted orange
"Did you ever stop to think about what we have, how lucky we are?" im shoutng. Im upset
im afraid for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment