Thursday, February 24, 2011

i fell asleep at work... but only briefly.

Not that I'm in the habit of falling asleep at work, but I had a short dream Tuesday. What can I say? I slept only 3 hours the night before. So I nodded off for a moment.
...barely rested my head against my hand and suddenly I was launched into a three-second dream, which was intensely vivid and vibrant. I woke and gasped.

I had seen a simple living room, a large couch with a young girl seated on it. She has long dark brown hair. A bright golden cup lies on the floor, empty but nothing is spilled. It looks like a gauntlet; the gold is sparkly, like cheap fake decoration. Like it was painted on and not that the cup is made form gold. But it's so bright anyway, shiny, absolutely luminescent. She says nothing just looks at me sideways with those intense eyes. How can that much intensity come from a 4-year-old girl?

I've dreamed of this girl before, many times and I always feel strongly attached to her; there's something unique between us. some kind of fundamental attachment. it's like i know her so well, but i've never seen anyone like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment